On behalf of the Board of Directors of Miraglo Foundation at Pacific Pearl La Jolla, California, we wish to extend our gratitude for your continued support. Miraglo Foundation is dedicated to the advancement of Integrative and Holistic Medicine education and research and in providing healthcare, services, and education to underserved communities globally.
2022 brings continued challenges as the economy faces the impact of inflation and a slow COVID recovery. The pandemic was and is a life changer for many people who are now evaluating their life priorities differently. Our planet earth is in crisis in more ways than one and the pandemic has continued to expose health disparities, increased food scarcity, and has created unprecedented challenges to the exiting healthcare system. Many of those who have been working on healthcare through their lives, have left their professions due to burnout.
Miraglo Foundation continues to assist communities locally in the San Diego area and globally with urgently needed medical workers and supplies, including food. The need is palpable now that the Ukraine war continues to its second winter, it is not affecting only these two countries but has challenged entire world. Our current healthcare system is barely able to handle our patient’s physical needs and their mental, emotional, and spiritual needs are often not addressed. Currently, more and more people are looking for care that is truly healing. It is our commitment to educate healthcare professionals about integrative approaches for patient care and self-care. We need more skilled providers trained in delivering a holistic model. The Miraglo Foundation’s vision of “healing people and transforming lives through integrative medicine education, health and research and serving under-served locally and globally” has enabled us to promote Integrative Health and Medicine education. The US government and the White House recently launched an initiative to combat hunger, focus on nutrition and fitness which are the foundation of a healthy lifestyle. Miraglo Foundation and Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine (AIHM)) pledged to support this initiative, by educating healthcare professionals, in these topics. The two-year AIHM Fellowship program is designed to change the current healthcare to be healthier, healing, and preventative, locally and globally. One of the ways to do it is via virtual platforms to reach healthcare provider and consumers around the world.
Pacific Pearl La Jolla or “The Pearl” has become a hub of Integrative Health, Healing and Education. The Pearl is the home to Miraglo Foundation, Guarneri Integrative Health Inc. (GIH), and the Taylor Center for Integrative Medicine Education and Research. The “Pearl” has become an educational and training hub for many students; 4th year medical students, physician assistants and doctors completing their fellowship education. Your generous donations have allowed this education to continue.
Thanks to your generous gifts, we have been able to transform many lives in San Diego, nationally and internationally. Please take a moment to read about all the blessings your donations have provided.
Miraglo Foundation Local and National Projects 2022:
- AIHM Annual Conference: The Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine (AIHM) annual conference was virtual for the past two years due to COVID-19. Thanks to an educational grant from the Taylor Family Foundation, Miraglo Foundation was able to open an online interactive educational platform for national and international healthcare professionals. Over 1000 healthcare providers joined from around the world. For the first time ever, we were able to provide simultaneous Spanish translation which enabled clinicians from Central and South American countries to join. Imagine the lives that will be touched by the training of over 1000 clinicians and nurses in about 30 countries!
- AIHM Fellowship Scholarships for clinicians from underserved clinics.
- Dr. Mimi Guarneri’s work and Guarneri Integrative Health Inc. (GIH): Education and training in Integrative Health and Medicine has been an important part of this global movement. As a Founding President of the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine, Dr G has been training physicians and other healthcare workers, as well as writing and speaking nationally and internationally in various health care conferences.
- Consciousness and Healing Initiative (CHI) research on biofield projects
- Integrative Medicine Foundation to provide complementary services for cancer patients
- Integrative Touch TeleWellness program for sick kids
- Healing Beyond Borders: Educational grants for Healing Touch, a biofield therapy.
- iSight Mission: Provides life changing eye surgery or gift of sight in developing countries.
- Feeding America San Diego, Food program to needy in San Diego
- Medical Society Consortium on Climate and Health Conference
- Women’s Heart Support Group for women with heart disease.
- Tariq Khamisa Foundation: Teaching children conflict resolution and anti-bullying.
- Monarch School: San Diego, CA, a public K-12 school for homeless children.
- Community Resource Center (CRC): Encinitas, CA for domestic violence, education, crisis intervention skills and outreach to create paths to safety, stability and self-sufficiency.
- Solutions for Change University: Vista, CA educational program assisting children from low-income or homeless families.
- Center for Community Solutions: San Diego, CA, health education for needy families.
- Light Bridge Hospice: To provide Integrative therapies for people with life threatening disease.
Miraglo Foundation Funded the following International Projects:
- Doctors Without Borders, Ukraine humanitarian crises
- Direct Relief, medical supplies to Ukraine humanitarian crises
- Unicef USA, assisting children in Ukraine humanitarian crises
- Sri Narayani College of Nursing: Significant funding for scholarships to Sri Narayani College of Nursing, in rural Southern India. These young women are now needed more than ever to take care of the sick in the hospitals during the pandemic wave and provide a livelihood for their families.
- SAMMM program in rural India, for women empowerment program, sewing bags
- Divine Love World Charity: Community food offering in rural India for thousands of people.
- Pre-School Teacher Support in Southern India: To provide education to low-income children.
- Shantipuri Friends Foundation: Supports education to underserved children in Northern India
- The Global Mountain Fund: Building schools in the rural Himalayan villages in Nepal
- Friends of Maiti Nepal: a USA based organization focusing on supporting Maiti Nepal (Mother’s Home) in Kathmandu, Nepal. Maiti Nepal, provides education and rehabilitation as well as healthcare for women and children who are victims of human trafficking, HIV and AIDS.
Miraglo Foundation would like to thank all the individuals that have supported our vision, Healing People and Transforming Lives, through Education, Healthcare and Research.
A special thank you to the following organizations who made specific projects possible:
Taylor Family Foundation
Loram Holdings Inc./ Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc.
Ace Parking Management, Inc.
Vanier Family Foundation
The Rob and Melani Walton Foundation
Johnson & Johnson Matching Gift Program
Margot & Thomas Pritzker Family Foundation
Food Revolution Network
Miraglo Foundation’s vision for 2023 includes the creation of healthy nation by providing integrative medicine education on lifestyle change, prevention, nutrition, and fitness to patients, as well as our healthcare providers, by providing scholarships to the AIHM Fellowships. Be part of a global movement by involving Global Healing Council and Climate and Health Education. To achieve this goal, we will support the further expansion of international healthcare provider education, enhancing our residency and clinician training programs. Resiliency training for healthcare providers is a 2023 priority. We will increase our collaboration with local community integrative clinics that are already providing healthcare to under-served populations in San Diego County. We will continue to support and expand our international service programs as our budget allows.
With your financial support we will achieve these goals and continue to support our mission of Healing People and Changing Lives Locally and Globally. As you know, the international “Giving Tuesday” is the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, November 29th, or any time is good. Please send us a check or visit our website for online donations. www.miraglofoundation.org. No gift is too small. Together we will transform the healthcare system.
Many Blessings for a New Year filled with Health, Peace and Prosperity!
From the Heart,
Rauni Prittinen King MIH, RN, HNB-BC, CHTPI Mimi Guarneri MD, FACC, ABOIM
President and Executive Director Treasurer