Education in the USA
We are grateful for funding provided to Miraglo Foundation from the Taylor Advised Endowment Fund for Integrative and Holistic Medical Education and Research that supported these educational events in 2014:
- Biofield Science and Healing Conference with Samueli Institute, Chopra Foundation, Institute of Noetic Science and Miraglo Foundation, September, 2014
- Integrative Medicine for the Underserved (IM4US)
- Integrative Healthcare Policy Consortium (IHPC)
- Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM)
Dr. Mimi Guarneri’s presentations:
- Parkinson’s Association, San Diego, CA
- La Jolla Presbyterian Church, La Jolla, CA
- Functional Medicine Conference, Dr. Cannizzaro, Florida
- La Jolla Community Center, Distinguished Lecture Series, 2 events for the public
- Institute of Sustainable Future Conference, Duluth Minnesota, September, 2014
- Take Control of Your Diabetes Conference, November, 2014
- San Diego Rotary, Natural Approaches to Disease Prevention, November, 2014
The mission of the Monarch School is to educate students impacted by homelessness and to help them develop hope for a future with the necessary skills and experiences for personal success.
The number of homeless families with children continues to grow, and it is a very real crisis for the children and our community. Currently there are more than 18,000 homeless students in our county, according to the San Diego County office of Education.
Monarch School provides an excellent academic and supportive environment in which any student in San Diego County who is impacted by homelessness will receive a rigorous education and grow personally to become a highly motivated, contributing member of society.
San Diego Book Project
San Diego Book Project is dedicated to bringing books to children in need in the U.S. and internationally. SD Book Project recently sent a shipment of books to the Hopi Nation. http://sdbookproject.org/