2017 End of Year Report
2017 has been a very interesting and invigorating year for Miraglo Foundation. Our Vision of “healing people and transforming lives through education, health and research” has taken us to places we never even dreamed of locally and internationally.
The Miraglo Foundation’s goal is to promote love, dignity and healing to those in need around the world and to transform the practice of health and medicine. Thanks to your generous gifts, we have been able to assist underserved communities nationally and internationally. Our international board of directors oversees all donations, gifts and expenses. Pacific Pearl La Jolla or “The Pearl” has become a hub of Integrative Health and Healing.
The Pearl is now the home to Miraglo Foundation, Guarneri Integrative Health Inc., Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine or AIHM, Consciousness Healing Initiative or CHI and the Taylor Center for Integrative Medicine Education and Research. Our goal in 2017 was to bring continuing education to improve the innovative care delivery model, which is a true blend of Conventional, Integrative and Natural Medicine. Taylor Center for Integrative Medicine Education and Research is now hosting various meeting and educational activities to healthcare providers and health seekers.
Miraglo Foundation would like to thank all the individuals that have supported our vision, Healing people and Transforming lives, though education, health and research, locally and globally. No gift is too small to make t he difference to those in need. Together we can and will continue to create miracles. We would like to give a special thank you to all the individuals and organizations who made our 2017 projects possible to transform lives and communities.
Taylor Family Foundation for supporting Integrative Medicine Education via Education and Research. Grants from the Taylor Advised Endowment Fund for Integrative and Holistic Medicine Education and Research
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc.
Pritzker Pucker Family Foundation
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors
Rancho Santa Fe Foundation
Simms-Mann Family Foundation
Szekely Family Foundation
Vanier Family Foundation
3dr Annual E.W. Johnston Memorial Golf Tournament supporting Miraglo Foundation
Our International 2018 goals are: A Solar Kitchen to Rural India to feed 20,000 people per day in Southern India . This project is in keeping with the Vatican Climate Change Conference declaring an end to wood and coal burning stoves. We will continue building a comprehensive Cardiac Institute at Sri Narayani Hospital and Research Centre in rural India. Our fundraising goal for Cardiac Surgery is $300,000. Locally, we will continue to fund many service programs that support education and health for underserved communities as well as research and education in Integrative Health and Medicine. Please join us, together we can change the world.
MIRAGLO FOUNDATION FUNDED THE FOLLOWING LOCAL AND NATIONAL PROJECTS IN 2017:
Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM) 1M program/education/development
Consciousness Healing Initiative (CHI) Research grant for Biofield therapies
Healing Beyond Borders educational grants for biofield program development
Monarch School, San Diego, CA, a public k-12 school for students who are homeless or impacted by homelessness.
Center for Community Solutions in San Diego, CA has built and maintained a core of multidisciplinary services for individuals affected by sexual and relationship violence that consists of advocacy. legal assistance, emergency shelter, professional psychotherapy, education and prevention.
Community Resource Center CRC in Encinitas, CA for domestic violence education, crisis intervention skills and outreach to create paths to safety, stability and self-sufficiency.
Solutions for Change University, Vista, CA assisting children from low-income or homeless families to obtain skills, knowledge and resources toward economic independence thereby breaking the cycle of poverty.
Light Bridge Hospice to provide Integrative Therapies for people with life threatening disease.
Las Patronas/San Diego Jewel Ball 2017 Community fundraising publication
MIRAGLO FOUNDATION FUNDED THE FOLLOWING INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS IN 2017:
We had an opportunity to present in many conferences on Integrative Medicine, including:
- Brazil 2-conferences on Integrative Medicine, sponsored by Brazilian Ministry of Health
- WHO/PAHO Nicaragua conference Miraglo Foundation is a member of the Global Health Council.
- Pontifical Academy of Science 3-day meeting in Vatican convening experts on Climate Change, Co-sponsors. Dr. Guarneri was one of the presenters on Health and Health of the Planet
- Sustainable Health Symposium, Cambridge, UK, Co-sponsoring this event
- Sri Narayani Hospltal and Research Centre, Southern, India. The hospital expansion is under way to include a cardiac catheterization laboratory and open-heart Surgery theater. Currently 56 cardiac patients per day die in the SNHRC Emergency Department. These lives could be saved if the proper interventi ons, such as stenting, angioplasty and open-heart surgery was available. This project was a Miraglo Foundation priority for 2017. We are happy to say that the cardiac cath lab is able to open up in December 2017. We still need open-heart surgery theater
- Sri Narayani College of Nursing, scholarships for nursing students
- Sri Narayani Hospital and Resource Centre, Scholarships for medical students
- SAMMM Project in Southern India a micro-loan project, empowering women to learn to craft shirts, prayer items and tote bags to become the bread winner for their families.
- Supporting a pre-school teacher in Southern India to provide care and education to the children of very lew -income homes, enabling the parents to work.
- Natural Doctors International NDI is a global health organization that promotes holistic healthcare for all “JY providing free health services to underserved communities focuses on service, educator, policy and research. DIOSA is a holistic health and empowerment program for women, children and families on the island of Ometepe, Nicaragua, the only clinic providing healthcare for 45,000.
- Support Healing Touch instructor to teach biofield therapies to the underserved in South Africa
- Friends of Maiti Nepal, Nepal, is the USA based organization focusing on supporting Maiti Nepal (Mother’s Home) in Kathmandu, Nepal. Maiti Nepal focuses on rescuing young children –mostly girls that have been victims of human trafficking. Our funds have been able to provide education and rehabilitation as well as healthcare, including hospice care for the women and children infected with AIDS.
Blessings for the Holidays and the New Year. May 2018 be filled with Peace, Love and Good Health.
Rauni Prittinen King RN, MIH
President and Executive Director
Mimi Guarneri MD, FACC
Treasurer, Board Director
Miraglo Foundation, P.O. Box 1270, La Jolla, CA 92038