During 2019, our Vision of “healing people and transforming lives through education, health and research” enabled us to promote integrative health and medicine locally and globally and to provide healthcare and education to underserved communities.
Thanks to your generous gifts, we have been able to transform many lives in San Diego, nationally and internationally. Our international board of directors oversees all donations, gifts and expenses.
Pacific Pearl La Jolla or “The Pearl” has become a hub of Integrative Health and Healing. The Pearl is the home to Miraglo Foundation, Guarneri Integrative Health Inc., Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM) and the Taylor Center for Integrative Medicine Education and Research. Below you will find some of our 2019 projects both nationally and Internationally.
Thanks to an educational grant from the Taylor Family Foundation, Dr. Mimi Guarneri’s healthy lifestyle program “Live Better Now” a PBS fundraising special, continues to air around the country in various locations. We have received positive feedback from people who have written and called to say it has transformed their lives.
Internationally, Miraglo Foundation provided significant funding for two new respirators at Sri Narayani Hospital and Research Centre in Tamil Nadu, India. Pediatric and adult respirators were an immediate funding priority and we are happy to have provided this life saving technology. A significant area of growth occurred through our Integrative Health and Medicine endeavors. Miraglo continues to find the education of clinicians in Integrative Health and Medicine as outlined below. This is a funding priority for 2020.
Miraglo Foundation Funded the following Local and National Projects in 2019:
- Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM) IM program/education/development.
- Scholarships for the AIHM Inter-Professional Fellowship training program.
- AIHM Annual Conference: People, Planned, Purpose in September, in San Diego, CA hosted and educated over 800 health care practitioners from around the world.
- Dr. Mimi Guarneri’s work in Integrative Health and Medicine Education.
- Pacific Pearl Naturopathic Doctor Resident Training: Guarneri Integrative Health Inc. received many new ND residency applicants. Dr. Pedi Mirdamadi from Canada was selected to be the next ND resident. He started in October 2019.
- La Jolla Community Center Healthy Living Fair.
- Healing Beyond Borders educational grants training in Healing Touch globally.
- Natural Doctors International/NDI women empowerment and health program in Nicaragua.
- iSight Mission – Eye surgery in developing countries.
- Tariq Khamisa Foundation – teaching children conflict resolution and anti-bulling.
- Monarch School, San Diego, CA, a public K-12 school for homeless children.
- Community Resource Center (CRC) Encinitas, CA for domestic violence, education, crisis intervention skills and outreach to create paths to safety, stability and self-sufficiency.
- Solutions for Change University, Vista, CA educational program assisting children from low-income or homeless families.
- Boarder Angels to provide health care assistance and human service for migrant camps.
- Center for Community Solutions, San Diego, CA, health education for needy families.
- Pacific Beach Street Guardians, San Diego, program assisting homeless population.
- Light Bridge Hospice to provide Integrative therapies for people with life threatening disease.
- Sarah’s Heart, Educational video production for women with cardiovascular disease
- The Medical Society Consortium: Climate Change Solutions.
Miraglo Foundation Funded the following International Projects:
- Sudanese American Medical Association – SAMA, providing midwifery training in Sudan by American doctors to prevent maternal mortality (the highest mortality in the world).
- Sri Narayani Hospital and Research Centre, Southern, India. To provide critical care unit ventilators and Ayurvedic Center solar generator.
- Sri Narayani College of Nursing, scholarships for nursing students.
- Green Shakti Narayani Siddar-solar kitchen, feed 5000-7000 people per day.
- SAMMM Project in Southern India a micro–loan project, empowering women to create hand-make shirts, prayer items and tote bags to become the bread winner for their families.
- Pre-school teacher support in Southern India to provide education to low income children.
- Support Healing Touch instructor to teach biofield therapies to the underserved in South Africa.
- Friends of Maiti Nepal, Nepal, is the USA based organization focusing on supporting Maiti Nepal (Mother’s Home) in Kathmandu, Nepal. Maiti Nepal focuses on rescuing women and girls that have been victims of human trafficking. Our funds have been able to provide education and rehabilitation as well as healthcare, including hospice care for the women and children infected with AIDS.
Miraglo Foundation would like to thank all the individuals that have supported our vision, Healing people and transforming lives, though education, healthcare and research. No gift is too small; together we can and will continue to make a difference.
A special thank you to the following organizations who made our 2019 projects possible:
Taylor Family Foundation
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc.
Pritzker Pucker Family Foundation
The Rob and Melani Walton Foundation
Ace Parking Management, Inc.
Vanier Family Foundation
Our local and global 2020 goals are:
Scholarships for AIHM clinician Fellows and expansion of Integrative Health and Medicine education. The AIHM needs to raise $350,000 annually to support clinician education. This is a terrific opportunity for individuals interested in healthcare transformation to be more holistic and integrative.
Students scholarships: Sri Narayani College of Nursing in India, San Diego Monarch school, and many others.
Medical equipment for Sri Narayani Hospital and Research Centre Medical Equipment and iSight missions internationally.
Biofield/Energy Medicine research and education.
Locally we will continue to fund service programs that support education and health for underserved communities as well as research and education in Integrative Health and Medicine. Please join us, together we can change the world.
Blessings for the Holidays and the New Year. May 2020 be filled with Peace, Love, Health and Healing.
Rauni Prittinen King RN, MIH Mimi Guarneri MD, FACC
President and Executive Director Treasurer, Board of Director
6919 La Jolla Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037