2018 has been an amazing year! Our Vision of “healing people and transforming lives through education, health, and research” has taken us to places we never dreamed of, locally and internationally.
The Miraglo Foundation’s goal is to promote love, dignity and healing to those in need around the world and to transform the practice of health and medicine. Thanks to your generous gifts, we have been able to assist underserved communities nationally and internationally. Our international board of directors oversees all donations, gifts and expenses.
Pacific Pearl La Jolla or “The Pearl” has become a hub of Integrative Health and Healing. The Pearl is the home to Miraglo Foundation, Guarneri Integrative Health Inc., Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine or AIHM, Consciousness Healing Initiative or CHI and the Taylor Center for Integrative Medicine Education and Research. Below you will find some of our 2018 highlights both nationally and Internationally.
Thanks to an educational grant from the Taylor Family Foundation, Dr. Guarneri will be featured in a PBS fundraising special called “Live Better Now”. Live Better Now is scheduled to air in December on various PBS stations around the country for the next two years.
Internationally, Miraglo Foundation provided significant funding for a new cardiac catherization laboratory and open-heart surgery suite at Sri Narayani Hospital and Research Centre in Tamil Nadu, India. The official opening and ribbon cutting were conducted by President Kovind on May 4th, 2018. This project itself provides lifesaving care for over 58 rural villages.
Miraglo Foundation Funded the following Local and National Projects in 2018:
- Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM) IM program/education/development
- Scholarships for the AIHM Inter-Professional Fellowship training program
- AIHM Annual Conference: People, Planned, Purpose in September, in San Diego, CA hosted and educated over 1000 health care practitioners from around the world
- Bastyr University student scholarships for annual conference
- Pacific Pearl Naturopathic Doctor Resident Training: Dr. Stone started her one-year rotation at Guarneri Integrative Health Inc. October 2018
- Medical student scholarships for Healing Touch training
- Free monthly educational lecture series at Pacific Pearl La Jolla
- La Jolla Community Center Healthy Living Fair
- Consciousness and Healing Initiative or CHI – Biofield research grant
- Healing Beyond Borders educational grants for textbook translation to French
- Monarch School, San Diego, CA, a public K-12 school for homeless children.
- Blue Island Traditional Medicine Holistic Preventative Clinic in Chicago,
- iSight Mission – Eye surgery in developing countries
- Tariq Khamisa Foundation – teaching children about conflict resolution and anti-bulling
- Promise2Kids-“Dream On” benefit event for San Diego foster children
- Community Resource Center CRC in Encinitas, CA for domestic violence education, crisis intervention skills and outreach to create paths to safety, stability and self-sufficiency.
- Solutions for Change University, Vista, CA assisting children from low-income or homeless families
- Light Bridge Hospice to provide Integrative Therapies for people with life threatening disease.
- Las Patronas/San Diego Jewel Ball 2018 Community fundraising event
- Circle 8 Productions- “This is San Diego”, NBC TV film about Pacific Pearl La Jolla, Integrative Medicine education, research and clinical practice
- PBS production – Live Better Now by Dr. Mimi Guarneri, PBS fund raising program
- Sara’s Heart Educational video production: Women and Heart Disease
- The Medical Society consortium: Climate Change Solutions
- Biofield research grant and research trip to Southern India
Miraglo Foundation Funded the following International Projects:
- Sudanese American Medical Association – SAMA, providing Midwifery training in Sudan by American doctors to prevent maternal mortality (the highest mortality in the world) in Sudan villages.
- Open heart surgery for 11-year-old child in rural India
- Sri Narayani Hospital and Research Centre, Southern, India. The hospital expansion of cardiac catheterization laboratory and open-heart Surgery theater, enabling stenting, angioplasty and open-heart surgery to be performed in rural India.
- Sri Narayani College of Nursing, scholarships for nursing students
- Green Shati Narayani Siddar-solar kitchen, feeding 5000-7000 people per day
- SAMMM Project in Southern India a micro–loan project, empowering women to learn to hand-make shirts, prayer items and tote bags to become the bread winner for their families.
- Pre-school teacher support in Southern India to provide education to low income children
- Support Healing Touch instructor to teach biofield therapies to the underserved in South Africa
- Friends of Maiti Nepal, Nepal, is the USA based organization focusing on supporting Maiti Nepal (Mother’s Home) in Kathmandu, Nepal. Maiti Nepal focuses on rescuing young children –mostly girls that have been victims of human trafficking. Our funds have been able to provide education and rehabilitation as well as healthcare, including hospice care for the women and children infected with AIDS.
Miraglo Foundation would like to thank all the individuals that have supported our vision, Healing people and Transforming lives, though education, healthcare and research. No gift is too small; together we can and will make a difference.
A special thank you to the following organizations who made our 2018 projects possible:
Taylor Family Foundation: Integrative Medicine Education and Research.
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc.
Simms- Mann Family Foundation
Pritzker Pucker Family Foundation
Vanier Family Foundation
Bud Johnston Memorial Annual Golf Tournament supporting Miraglo Foundation
Our local and global 2019 goals are:
Student scholarships for AIHM Fellows and expansion of Integrative Health and Medicine education
Students scholarships: Sri Narayani College of Nursing in India, San Diego Monarch school, Vidalaya School and many others
Medical equipment for Sri Narayani Hospital and Research Centre Medical Equipment and iSight missions internationally
Biofield/Energy Medicine research and education
Full solar capacity for Sripuram, Southern India. This project is in keeping with the Vatican Climate Change conference declaring an end to wood and coal burning.
Locally we will continue to fund many service programs that support education and health for underserved communities as well as research and education in Integrative Health and Medicine. Please join us, together we can change the world.
Blessings for the Holidays and the New Year. May 2019 be filled with Peace, Love, Health and Healing
Rauni Prittinen King RN, MIH Mimi Guarneri MD, FACC
President and Executive Director Treasurer, Board of Director
6919 La Jolla Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037